AI/ML Data Scientist
- Heidelberg, Germany
What to expect
- Implementation of pattern recognition and anomaly detection in image data.
- Data collection, preprocessing, and feature extraction.
- Implement new state-of-the-art algorithms and ML models to support research and development goals.
- Work with real-world human data and design machine & deep learning pipelines; finally integrating solutions into application.
- Document methods, procedures, and results.
- Collaborate with others in a dynamic and lean multidisciplinary team environment to accomplish goals.
As a start-up we are scaling up and expanding, a solution-focused mindset whereyou are ready to roll up your sleeves to get things done and are not afraid to give critical feedback is absolutely cruicial for us.
What you should bring
- PhD or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Biostatistics or related field.
- Solid foundation in image processing techniques in a machine learning context
- Familiarity with analysis of histopathology images is a plus
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Experience with Python programming language and machine & deep learning frameworks, such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, tensorflow, keras etc.
- Experience in HPC and cloud computing environment is a plus
- Strong communication skills in English, German is a plus
- Enthusiasm to work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary team environment.
What we offer
- As an early-stage employee, you have plenty of room to grow and take on responsibility
- You enjoy flexible and trust-based working time, independent, hybrid working model and Christmas and New Year’s Eve are always free.
- You will receive individual onboarding at a motivating work environment with a healthy error culture.
- Short decision-making processes, no bureaucracy and no politics – make your work easier.
- Your efficiency should not be hindered by a lack of equipment – we provide you with everything you need to get started right away. You have the free choice of hardware.
- We also focus on your personal and professional development: together we define your goals and development opportunities.
- Join us for a drink and spend quality time with the team – we believe innovative ideas are crafted best with joint efforts!
We are continuously expanding our benefits as we grow to ensure an environment where our team feels comfortable and excited to disrupt the healthcare and AI world. As long as you have the eagerness to learn, grow and have the confidence that you can a make difference with and within PAICON we would be happy to hear from you even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements!
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
AI/ML Data Scientist